Channel Islands Flotilla
September 12 - 22, 2015
Cash Discount Price: $150If you wanna' sign up and pay the cash discount price, then don't buy this item by adding to cart above and checking out with a credit card. Instead, just drop us an email to sign up and then snail mail a check to Holly Scott, PO Box 352, Seal Beach, CA, 90740. Easy breezy!
Never seen the breathtaking Channel Islands before? Or been there and can’t wait to go back again? Either way, we’ll give you the benefit of our knowledge and expertise and show you around the fabulous islands of Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa, Anacapa, Santa Barbara, and Santa Catalina Islands.
Bring your own boat and join us for an opportunity to be part of a guided fleet. Sail or powerboats welcome.
Tentative Itinerary (weather permitting):9/12: Leave Alamitos Bay late afternoon for an overnight passage to Channel Islands, Ventura or Smuggler's Cove on Santa Cruz Island.
9/13: Relax and explore wherever we end up. Visiting the CI visitor's center in Ventura Harbor is very cool and informative.
9/14 – 9/16: Cross over to Santa Cruz Island and explore the various coves as weather permits.
9/17: Santa Rosa Island - Johnson's Lee or Ford Point.
9/18: Back to south side Santa Cruz.
9/19: Drive by Anacapa and the sail across to Santa Barbara Island.
9/20: Explore Santa Barbara Island.
9/21: Proceed to Catalina.
9/22: Return to Alamitos Bay or home port.
Vessel Requirements (not optional):
- A minimum of 3 complete, assembled anchor rode of proper oversized gear.
- Enough fuel and water for the entire trip.
- Dinghy capable of carrying the crew in safely through chop and windy conditions.
- VHF equipment and expertise for all communications (no cell phone coverage).
- Have spent at least 5 days unplugged from a dock to be sure the electrical system is able to keep up with your needs.
- Be prepared to help yourselves in case of an emergency.
NOTE: If you'd like to sign up for this trip as a passenger on our boat, Mahalo, with Captains Holly & KC, get details at our sister company Mahalo Sailing Adventures.