Here at Charlie's Charts and Mahalo Sailing Charters, our trips are always an adventure.
Whether we go to tropical islands in the Caribbean, the Pacific, or the Sea Of Cortez, sailing a schooner in the Pacific Northwest, the canals of Europe, the Channel Islands of Southern California, or to Mexico to pet whales, they are always trips of a lifetime! What makes them special? We've already been there! We have found hidden joys, special spots, amazing places to snorkel, hike, shop, eat, sample cheese, beer, wines, remote anchorages, remote islands........ we share it all with you and we go with the flow. We don't stay in resorts or on giant ships, insulated from the local people and their culture. We try to learn and experience as much as we can.
Want a few examples? . . .
- Sitting on a beach in a bay in Tahiti with an elderly gentleman showing us 12 different stages of edible coconuts. We had no common language and became great friends.
- Looking at a Gray Whale - eye to eye. Remember to breathe....
- Going through the narrow pass in the coral reef into the lagoon of Maupiti - all eyes on the reef!
- Exploring a ghost town in the Sea of Cortez.
- Sitting on a beach in Thailand beside a wild monkey sharing the view. Do you come here often?
- Getting a personal tour of a brewery in Belgium and then trying everything they make!
- Performing with a steel drum band in the BVIs - Ya Mon!
- Swimming with sea turtles, dolphins and manta rays.... epic.
On all of our trips you have the option of sitting on your assets all day, or learning cruising skills and participating in running the vessel. On some trips we offer Skipper For The Day opportunities. With the Captain at your elbow, you will make all the decisions and make the calls. And the food is fantastic!
Lots of people can say they've been here or there; but when you go with us, you will have lived it.